CirtexHosting allows you to configure your own nameservers. Generally, personal nameservers are only needed for reseller accounts. If you have a standard (non-reseller) account and want custom nameservers you must request them either at signup or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resellers can set up their own nameservers by following these steps:
WARNING: editing your DNS zones can greatly change or break your website.
- Log in to WHM
- Click DNS Functions from the left-hand side of the page, then click Edit a DNS Zone
- Select the domain you want to add nameservers for and click Edit
- Add the following items in the ensuing blank text fields (replacing italicized items with their proper values)
- cirtexhosting.com., 14400, NS, ns1.example.com
- cirtexhosting.com., 14400, NS, ns2.example.com
- ns1, 14400, A, SERVER IP 1
- ns2, 14400, A, SERVER IP 2
- Click Save
- Go to your domain registrar (who you bought the domain from) and register the nameservers to point to the servers two nameserver IP addresses and allow 24-72 hours for DNS to propagate
You received your server's nameserver IPs in your welcome email. Contact support if you need further assistance.
See also Logging into WHM, All About Nameservers, Update Nameservers at Cirtex Domains, Set Up Custom Nameservers on Your HostV Account