Transfer your Domain to Cirtex
You always maintain complete control over your domain. As the legal registrant of the domain, this grants you the right to do what you want with the domain and you will always remain the registered owner.
To begin transferring your domain to Cirtex:
- Unlock your domain with your current registrar or host, if you purchased it from a hosting company
- If you have it enabled, disable any WHOIS privacy services and make sure your primary WHOIS contact information is up to date
- Once you confirm that the domain is unlocked request an EPP Key from your current registrar or host
- During the purchase hosting process choose the "I want to transfer my domain to Cirtex" option
- Input your domain URL in the text field then click Continue
Note: if you would like to order a transfer without hosting do so via this link: https://billing.cirtex.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=register
- You will see the cost for the specific top level domain you requested to transfer; click to continue
- Continue with the steps to complete your purchase
- In the 'Configure Your Domains' step input the EPP key you received from your registrar or host and then click Update Cart
- Click Update Cart
- Review your cart and then proceed to the Billing section
Once your transfer is successfully initiated you will receive an email from our registrar requesting your authorization for the transfer. Usually you get the email fairly immediately, but sometimes it can take a few hours. After you have approved the transfer usually it can take anywhere from 24 hours to a week for the transfer to complete. You will receive email confirmation once it's done.
Note: if you need your domain to point to a particular set of nameservers then set those at your current registrar BEFORE the transfer is started. If you do not, you will have to wait until the transfer process is complete to update them on our end.
To move your domain from Cirtex to another registrar or host:
- Log in to your Customer Area: https://billing.cirtex.com/clientarea.php
- Click My Domains, near the top, and then click Manage Domains next to the domain you'd like to transfer
- Navigate to the Registrar Lock tab
- Click the Disable Registrar Lock button
- Click the Management Tools tab and then click Get EPP Code from the ensuing dropdown
- Copy the code next to the text "The EPP Code for your domain is
- If you have domain privacy enabled please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it disabled as you will not receive your authorization request if it is enabled
- Log in to your new registrar and initiate the transfer from their control panel
- Enter the EPP key information when requested
Wait... the process should start within a few hours and be fully completed within three or four days
Tip! You are not obligated to transfer your domain name to us if you choose our hosting services. You only need to update the nameservers listed for your domain name at your current domain registrar. We will provide you with the appropriate nameservers in your welcome email.
See also All About Domain Registrations